To reposition the organisation with a new brand identity and collateral to serve the UK market as responsible, community lender of choice.
Having worked for Wessex Resolutions CIC supporting their communications and marketing activity for a number of months on a retained basis, we were tasked with making ‘the most significant positive change for the organisation’ – to create a new brand identity to evolve and elevate the business.
Undertaking comprehensive research into the marketplace and wider external factors, alongside a series of workshops and benchmarking exercises (staff, Board, key stakeholders and partners), we developed a new name and brand: Lendology.
We created brand guidelines and a mini brand book detailing their story, vision, purpose, brand promise and tone of voice, as well as developing associated messaging. Plus, the practical application of their new brand throughout the organisation, supporting with the trademarking process and a launch plan of activity for the rebranding.
• Creation and implementation of a 12-month marketing and communications plan.
• Brand benchmarking and market positioning exercise.
• Research, testing and due diligence of new company names.
• Consultation with all key stakeholders – workshops and 1-2-1 facilitated sessions.
• Visual representation and design including logo development, colour schemes, typeface and all brand elements.
• Communication elements including creation of main strapline and supporting key messages.
• Facilitating trademarking process to completion.
• Production of a launch plan for a phased roll-out and an official launch.
• PR and media relations announcing the rebrand.
• Supporting the team with the implementation of the launch plan.
• Evaluation of project against original brief.
The Wessex Resolution CIC name and identity has been replaced with a modern and contemporary look and feel throughout the organisation, reflecting its ambitious plans to be more widely recognised for its ‘purpose over profit’ approach to responsible lending in the UK. With £1.6m lent in 2020/21, £5.2m of social impact created and a 99% customer satisfaction rate, Lendology is on an upward trajectory for growth.
“Karen really is an outstanding individual and she wholeheartedly deserves recognition for the contribution she makes to the Somerset business and wider community. She has implemented a communications plan that has seen our profile raised significantly and the results have been impressive and continue to increase. Morledge & Co. were tasked with making the most significant and positive change for the organisation with our rebrand and repositioning and they certainly delivered. I hope that many more people can have the opportunity to be inspired and supported by Karen and her colleagues in the future.”
Emma Lower, CEO of Lendology